Monday, October 26, 2009

NY Daily News lying, as usual

On the Friday Rush Limbaugh program the host behind the golden EIB microphone found a satirical blog entry and decided to have some fun with the media. He pointed out that the media standard for reporting had come down to in essence "Fake but accurate".

He proceeded to tell his audience that what he was about to read was unsourced and suspicious, and followed by reading a blog post about a supposed "Obama thesis".

Of course the reporter, Michael Saul, who is writing about this would not know anything because he didn't even listen to the show he scribbles about. I have no doubt that he simply copied and pasted from the left-wing website Media Matters that makes a career of lying and taking quotes out of context. Media Matters if funded by George Soros and launched with help from the leftist Center for American Progress. Hillary once said "We helped launch Media Matters".

"So we have to hold out the possibility that this is not accurate. However, I have had this happen to me recently. I have had quotes attributed to me that were made up, and when it was pointed out to the media that the quotes were made up, they said, "It doesn't matter! We know Limbaugh thinks it anyway." Sort of like Dan Rather said, "I don't care if these documents are forged. I know that Bush did what he did at the National Guard. I don't care if the documents are forged." I don't care if the Limbaugh quotes are made up. So, I can say, "I don't care if these quotes are made up. I know Obama thinks it. You know why I know Obama thinks it? Because I've heard him say it." Not about the Constitution, but about the Supreme Court. Again, 2001, FM radio station interview in Chicago when he was a state senator in Illinois.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I'm also told that the blog containing the passage on Obama's thesis is a satire blog. So it's one of these sites like ScrappleFace or The Onion or some such thing. So I shout from the mountaintops: "It was satire!" But we know he thinks it. Good comedy, to be comedy, must contain an element of truth, and we know how he feels about distribution of wealth. He's mad at the courts for not going far enough on it. So we stand by the fabricated quote because we know Obama thinks it anyway. That's how it works in the media today".

So again the lies from the left press come from a willingness to be ignorant of the topics they are discussing. Like health-care where they will not read the bill they claim to support and dismiss criticsm from those who have.

No comments:

Post a Comment